This is my first box with She Said Beauty. A few weeks ago they were offering a whopping 50% discount off a 6 month subscription which made each box cost £7.45 (which includes postage) I figured that this deal was too good to pass up. I had previously cancelled glossy (and then re subbed *cough*sellout*cough) and the whole Joliebox fiasco got on my nerves so I thought I’d be a good opportunity to try something new.
So. In the box we have:
White Glo toothpaste 24g
Balance Me Rose Otto intensive lip salve 10ml (full size)
Redken Colour Extend Radiant-10
Absolutely Flawless nail foils
4711 eau de cologne (extra)
If I'm 100% honest, I'm not massively blown away by the selection but there is no doubt that I definitely got value for the price that I paid.
1. White Glo toothpaste Not a particularly exciting product. I don't find that whitening toothpaste works and I'm sure that if it did, it will take a lot more use than a 24g tube to do the job. Either way, I suppose it's something that will be actually be used as opposed to sitting in a box for months on end. (EDIT: I just smelt this and oh my god, it seriously takes me back to childhood holidays in California. I'm warming to it!)
2. Balance.me lip salve This would have been my standout item but as I got it free with last month's issue of Glamour the novelty has worn off. All round good product with all natural ingredients and the nicest scent.
3. Redken Colour Extend Radiant-10. I already have 4 or 5 very similar products from various other boxes that I don't ever use. Maybe this is just me but I don't tend to use many products like this. I will most likely sell this with other bits on ebay. I wish boxes would send out intensive conditioners instead of stuff like this.
4. Papier Poudre I guess oil absorbing sheets are a nice addition for a summer box. I haven't seen these in YEARS. I remember they used to sell them at the Body Shop and they had an old fashioned lady on the front of them. Does anyone remember? Oh wait, these have a lady on them too! I have some Anna Sui ones from Japan in my bag that I've had for about 4 years. I never use them but I love packaging. I suppose these are a bit of a useless novelty.
5. Absolutely Flawless nail foils I already goofed up my Meadham Kirchoff Nail Rock nail wraps and I've been trying to avoid spending more money on these! I really do want to give them another shot so I was quite content with these. The design of these is a cross between the look of crackle polish and a spider web? I prefer the spider web thought. I think I will wait for 2-3 weeks before I attempt these as I have just broken two nails waaaah.
6. 4711 eau de cologne This stuff is apparently classic but I'm pretty perfume ignorant so I'll admit that I've never heard of it before. This is definitely not something I would ever pick. I'm not gonna lie. It smells like it's been on grandmother's dresser since 1972. I can't imagine I'll be wearing it. Maybe it'd be nice to add a few drops into a bath? I am, however seriously in love with the teeny glass bottle!